The 5 reasons to focus on SEO to drive your business is with the changing landscape that shifts towards paid and organic searches as the most significant contributors to website traffic, it is increasingly important to refine your SEO strategy to get the best results for your business. I’ll show you why SEO is more important than ever and share the best SEO practices.
- Evergreen content will remain essential – Focusing on evergreen content within your industry will remain crucial and accumulate views over time. As a good practice, you should combine evergreen with trending topics to generate traffic and prepare for the future at the same time. According to SEO specialist Jill Whalen, excellent SEO work will only get better over time. Businesses should only adopt their search engine strategies to the changes in the ranking algorithms by search engines. (Evergreen content is search-optimised content that is continually relevant and stays “fresh” for readers over a long period of time – as the name implies. You may think that all online content is sustainable; after all, a blog post doesn’t just disappear after you publish it)
- Search will continue to grow – As experienced during this pandemic, paid and organic searches dominate the online platforms and probably do so in the future. Marketers also believe in SEO as the most stable and most substantial strategy to promote a brand, product, or service. They also agree that SEO is a cost-effective marketing channel that can produce results. The result makes SEO the overwhelming platform of choice for most marketers in both BC and BB sectors. Another survey found that a large percentage of agency and marketing professionals in South Africa maintained their budgets for their SEO campaigns in compared to other efforts like paid social media, digital video, and display advertisements. SEO-focused marketing campaigns are on the rise.
- SEO platforms optimise telecommuting – The pandemic resulted in the emergence of many SEO platforms as enterprising companies scrambled to meet the needs created by the remote work boom. These platforms also helped improve BB companies’ efficiency that is leveraging SEO in their marketing efforts. The growing success of BB marketers working at home will likely boost the demand for SEO platforms. The use of SEO as a marketing tool is increasing, independent of COVID-19. According to Orainti founder and international SEO consultant Aleyda Solis, will see growing importance and use of structured data due to the increased number of mobile searches and voice control for Google assistant. She also projected growth in predictive search features and the adoption of a more technical SEO ecosystem.
- SEO provides a competitive edge – Another reason for SEO to be indispensable is how it allows small and medium enterprises SME to compete against their bigger rivals. It provides SMEs with a competitive edge since they usually only have one business to focus their SEO efforts on, compared to their larger competitors. If you are an SME, SEO is the best tool you can use to raise brand awareness, establish trust, and engage with your potential market at an affordable price. If you want to take advantage of SEO, create high-quality evergreen content, and focus on both COVID-19 related and industry-related search terms.
- SEO will support future business campaigns – Focusing on your SEO strategy now will bear fruits later. It will serve as the foundation for building your campaigns in the future when many businesses will operate more like before the crisis. You should include ways to help your customers strengthen your relationships and establish their loyalty to your brand. According to Conductor vice president of digital strategies, Patrick Reinhart, this is the right time to plant trees for SEO as they will provide shade on sunny days in the future. Businesses should create content dealing with the current situation and the future. In his tweet, Lane R. Ellis claimed that BB marketers who advance their SEO campaigns would help them achieve expanded search success after the pandemic.
SEO’s effectiveness as a marketing tool will largely depend on your ability to make your target keywords rank well on Google and other search engines. You must strive to reach the top and appear on Google’s first page to achieve results. Why? Here are some of the best SEO strategies you can use to make your posts rank on Google:
- Use keywords in your URL – A well-structured URL increases your content’s visibility to search engines and your visitors. Creating an excellent URL makes it short, easy to read, and includes your primary keywords. You should also avoid using stop words to make it concise and to the point.
- Optimise your website to satisfy your users – Google puts a premium on the quality of user experience in its website rankings. Make sure your pages are responsive to ensure your visitors’ satisfaction and improve your reputation with Google. Some of the strategies to optimise your website include achieving excellent page speed, eliminating intrusive popups, and using subheadings, screenshots, images, and videos in your content. Also, utilise white space to improve the readability of your content. When designing your website, I implement all the best practices regarding optimisation for user experience.
- Develop content that aligns with search intent – To increase your content’s visibility with Google, align it to search intent or user intent. To achieve this, familiarise yourself with the types of search intent and use the right action words when writing your content. The common types of user intent are navigational, informational, commercial, and transactional. In navigational intent, the user’s motive is to look for specific apps or websites, while in informational, the aim is to look for particular data or information. In commercial intent, the user is looking for a product or service, but with no decision yet. In transactional intent, the goal is to purchase. When creating your content, always remember to align it with the user intent.
- Create interesting title tags and meta descriptions – Google’s algorithm gives importance to a content’s title tags and meta descriptions during the search. The title tags directly impact your content’s visibility during search queries, while meta descriptions can affect click-through rates (CTR). With each landing page design, I implement the keyword relating to the content, meta title and meta description. These are all implemented with the correct Google recommended lengths.
- Utilize optimised images – Images can help increase your website’s overall appeal and visitors’ user experience. However, if not done correctly, images can adversely affect your page loading speed and user experience. The best way of supplying images for your website is the original image/photo. I then take the image/photo and optimise it for the website to assist in loading times. I go one step further and install a image optimisation plugin to assist further to improve loading times.
- Write long-form content – Another best practice for SEO is posting long-form articles of 350+ words on your website. Based on a SEMrush study, long forms perform better than others on Google’s ranking. When writing long-form content, you should use target keywords that balance keyword difficulty and search volume. Use long-tail keywords and mid-tail keywords strategically to reach your target customers. Make sure your content is relevant to your business and is written according to the Google recommendations.
- Use authoritative backlinks – Another critical factor used by Google in ranking web pages is backlinks. However, backlinks from spammy websites can hurt your rankings. To avoid this, make sure to build authoritative backlinks for your site. A SEO audit of your competitors can assist with backlinks. Contact me to discuss a SEO audit of your website.
- Include internal links – Internal links play a crucial role in improving your Google ranking if appropriately used. These links create an information hierarchy for your site and inform Google about the topics of your content. When designing your landing pages, there are internal links included in the content to the different pages on your website. The more content, the better the internal linking.
- Maximize your page speed – A nonresponsive page may frustrate your users and compel them to leave your website. To avoid this, you should optimise your page loading speed to satisfy your users. You can contact me to assist in optimising your website for better loading times.
Your SEO campaign allows you to engage with your audience and prepare your business for growth. Incorporating the SEO best practices in your campaign will increase your pages’ visibility to a high number of users. Let me assist you with your website SEO and implementing the correct SEO for optimise your Google ranking.